The Children's Ministry needs a large, dedicated team of volunteers for the 2016-2017 year. Serving in children's ministry is a wonderful way to serve other families and fulfill the commission of Psalm 78:4: "Tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done."
Children’s Ministry has serving opportunities in the following areas:
- Sunday school supervisors (both services)
- Sunday school teachers (both services)
- Sunday school assistants (both services)
- Nursery/toddler supervisors (both services)
- Nursery/toddler volunteers (both services)
- Hall monitors (both services)
- Check-in helpers (both services)
- Sunday school substitutes (both services)
- Special needs volunteers (second service)
- Supply team (Sunday and midweek roles)
SIGN UP TO SERVE
If you completed the volunteer application for the 2015-16 school year, please click here to serve with us for the 2016-17 school year.
**Please note the CM application has a 20 minute time limit. It is recommended to set a timer as the system will not let you know if you have timed out. Find a preview of questions you will be asked below.**
Children's Ministry volunteer application
Due to security settings on our web applications, all applications must be completed in 20 minutes. Due to this time restraint, please prepare the following information before starting your application (short and sweet answers are all we ask):
- A list all addresses where you have resided during the past five years
- Your personal testimony of how you became a Christian and where you are at now in your faith (up to 4000 characters)
- A brief description of why you would like to minister to children at CHBC (up to 4000 characters)
- A list all current and previous experience working with children, whether volunteer or compensated, including the name of the organization for which you worked, the dates of your involvement, the age range of the children with whom you worked, and your reason for leaving (up to 4000 characters)
- A list of special gifts or skills do you have pertaining to children’s ministry (please include any musical or dramatic abilities) (up to 4000 characters)
- The name, address, office phone, cell phone, email address, and length of association for two character references (please do not include any relatives, employers, or significant others)
Register to volunteer now by filling out the Children's Ministry Volunteer Application.
Praying Women, organized by Susan Thomas, meets at CHBC on Tuesday mornings, 9:30-11:30am in the libarary. We spend time each week praying over our own Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth. Please feel free to join us whenever you can. To begin, we will use the ACTS format that we learned at the women's retreat in February – adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication.
Read more ...